Lewisburg Area School District Opportunities
- Camp Invention – K-6 Hands on science camp held at Linntown Elementary School each summer. Directed by Linntown Principal, Jeremiah Bennett. Monday-Friday, approximately 8-2:30 each day (extended day available).
- CIT’s – Counselors in Training – grades 6-9
- Leadership Interns, grades 10-12 to help the instructors
More information can be found by contacting Linntown Elementary school at 570.523.3256 or online at campinvention.org
- SUN ATI Camp – for middle school students. Spots for this camp fill up fast. Information usually comes out in March or by contacting SUN at 570-966-1031.
Outside of District Opportunities
- Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive at Lehigh University – Open to sophomores and juniors interested in business, international relations or economic development. Information is available in the guidance office or at https://global.lehigh.edu/iacocca/highschool/apply
- Health Career Scholars Academy at the University of Pittsburgh -Open to sophomores and juniors at least age 15 that are interested in sciences and health care. Information is available in the guidance office or at www.hcsa.pitt.edu.
- PA School of Excellence in the Agricultural Sciences at Penn State (formally titled PA Governor’s School for the Agricultural Sciences). Open to juniors with an interest in food, agricultural and natural resource sciences. Information is available in the guidance office and at agsci.psu.edu/school-for excellence.
- ARC/ORNL Summer STEM Program –ARC and Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) will hold two hands-on STEM learning programs in July 2018: A high school math-science-technology institute, which is a two-week residential program for students and teachers; and a middle school science academy, which is a one-week residential program just for students. Additional information is available at https://www.arc.gov/program_areas/ARCOakRidge2018SummerPrograms.asp
- Pre-College Programs
- Bucknell Engineering Camp Program 1: Open to students who will have completed 7th, 8th or 9th grade by June 2018. Program 2: Open to students who will have completed 10th or 11th grade by June 2018. Information is available at http://www.bucknell.edu/EngineeringCamp
- Evangelical Community Hospital Summer Internships – The Hospital offers unpaid internships to high school students interested in healthcare careers. Information is available athttps://www.evanhospital.com/careers/student-opportunities