Welcome to the Lewisburg Elementary PSA
The Lewisburg Elementary Parent School Association (PSA) is a volunteer organization working to educate, enrich and support the students, staff and administration of the Kelly and Linntown Elementary school community. The efforts of the PSA are seen in Arts & Enrichment programming, Scholastic book fairs and our annual fundraising event, the Dragon Dash…just to name a few.
All parents of Kelly and Linntown Elementary students are automatically members of the PSA and we do our best work when every parent plays a role. Whether you are new to our schools or have been here for a while, we encourage you to get involved. From attending a monthly meeting to serving as an officer or coordinator, there are many ways to become active, meet other families and support our schools. If you’d like to volunteer, please let us know. We would love to have you involved.
If you have questions, suggestions or ideas, please contact us at email@example.com. Together we can do great things for our children, our schools and our community.
Subscribe to the PSA Email List… you don’t want to miss our weekly PSAnnouncements email, volunteer sign-ups, our newsletter, etc! If you want to receive PSA emails, please send your name, email address, your student(s) name(s) & grade(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***REMINDER: PSA fundraising night at Panera – Tuesday, March 26, 2019***
***NEXT PSA MEETING @ KELLY – MAY 13, 2019 @ 7:00 PM***
What’s Happening Soon!
- 3/22 Olweus Assembly @ Kelly
- 3/26 PSA fundraising night at Panera
- 3/26-3/27 VanGo! SpecialFX Exhibit @ Kelly
- 3/28 -3/29 – 2nd and 3rd Graders are participating in Jump Rope for Heart – WEAR SNEAKERS!!
NOTE: The PSA depends on our volunteers for the success of our programs. To volunteer consistently, in an on-going basis at the school, please fill out application here. Also, learn more about submitting clearances here. One does not need to fill out the application for singular volunteer experiences. Thank you!
- Kindergarten Registration is scheduled for April 9, 10 and 11, by appointment, for students starting Kindergarten in the Fall of 2019. If you are a parent of an incoming Kindergartener and have not received information from the school in the mail, please call the Kelly Office at 570-522-3292.
- The current VanGo! SpecialFx exhibit is coming to Kelly Elementary on March 26-27, 2019. VanGo! Museum on Wheels by the Susquehanna Art Museum brings an authentic art museum experience to schools in a retrofitted Winnebago. The Lewisburg PSA is thrilled to support Ms. Katie Momose in bringing this quality museum and hands-on activity back to Kelly for second and third graders. Please SIGN UP HERE to volunteer for this event.
- Box Tops will be due May 15! Please clip those Box Tops for your school!
- Kelly Elementary Snack Pack Service Project – In collaboration with Bucknell University, the Parent School Association (PSA) has assisted in supporting a Snack Pack program. This program is designed to provide nutritious snacks each month (i.e. peanut butter sandwiches, fruit, vegetables, crackers) for Kelly and Linntown students in need. Although this program is free and organized directly through the school, there are times when help is needed with keeping the cost of the program low and more importantly being able to provide for as many children as we can. If you are interested in making a donation or assisting, please email email@example.com or call 570.577.3973. List of items to donate can be found here https://goo.gl/qEjKvH
- Thrifty Threads – Need donated items please! Thrifty Threads is a “store” for Linntown students where they can “buy” donated items using currency that they have earned in the classroom for good behavior, etc. The biggest need is stuffed animals. Other items that are popular with the kids include costume jewelry, clothing, and crafts. Sample-sized shampoos and lotions are also used/needed for filling gift mugs during the holidays.
- Kelly is participating in Crayola ColorCycle, an amazing program devised to repurpose used markers rather than sending them to landfills! The ColorCycle program has repurposed more than 70 tons of expended markers in the United States and Canada since 2013, and uses the most advanced plastic conversion technologies available today to make wax compounds for asphalt and roofing shingles as well as to generate electricity that can be used to heat homes, cook food, and power vehicles. Send in any brand, any kind of used marker to school and teachers will get it to the drop off box.
- Did you know Lewisburg Elementary PSA has an Amazon Smile account? Please CLICK HERE to add us to your account. The PSA will get a percentage of what you spend on the site. The holidays are coming! We appreciate every dollar!
LASD Public Bulletin Board – Remember to check here often for information about community events, sign-ups/registrations, etc.
Disclaimer – We have tried our best to double check all the dates, times, and locations for the scheduled events listed here. However, we do not guarantee that our listings and calendars are mistake-free. Therefore, please confirm the date, time, and location of each event before participating.