Details and registration procedures concerning the Middle and High School trips. Click on the appropriate information link below.
Local Trips: Click on the link below
- Montage Dates – Jan. 12th and 26th, 2019
- Elk Mt. = Feb 9th, 2019
High School Weekend Trip – click on the link below
IMPORTANT – we currently have the first bus filled and will now be working to fill a second bus. Students are still encouraged to sign up and bring in their deposit. Failure to secure a full second bus will result in a full refund.
Information and registration for the weekend ski trip – HS students ONLY
- February 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, 2019
- Whiteface Mtn. New York and Gore Mtn. New York
Please email —— Ski Club email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Volunteers: Kim Bedell, Jennifer Coughlin, Sue Ellen Feuerstein
- SKI VALLEY SKI SHOP – Danville – Ski Valley website -Show your Lewisburg student ID when checking out and indicate that you are a member of the Lewisburg Ski Club and you will receive a discount.
- GILSON SNOWBOARDS AND SKi’s – New Berlin – When you go to their site GILSON BOARDS you can custom order a new board or pair of ski’s. By putting in the code “lewisburgskiandboard” when checking out you will receive a 15% discount.
Take the time to visit their shop buy some items or take a tour of the snowboard building process. Just over the bridge in New Berlin (turn right over the bridge).
Special Discount Opportunity with Gilson
This year Gilson is partnering with the National Ski Council Federation to promote growth in the sport. When you buy a brand new snowboard or set of skis at full price, Gilson will build a kid’s board or skis for free that you, in turn, can give to a loved one or friend. The complimentary board or skis will be offered in sizes that are just right for younger people to discover the joy offered by the sport. So parents – buy a new board or skis for you or an older child and get a free board or set of skis to outfit a younger child.
Each year we may ask parents to volunteer as chaperones for the weekend ski trip, they must pay a reduced fee for the trip but they get a weekend of skiing with minimal work. In order to be a chaperone for the weekend trip, you must be approved as a volunteer by the school board. In order to be approved as a volunteer, you must complete a volunteer application and submit all required clearances.
- Act 34 Clearance = this is the Pa State police Criminal History
- Act 151 Clearance = Child Abuse clearance
- Act 114 Clearance = FBI National Criminal History or Affidavit
- Mantoux TB Test
- Mandated Reporter Training
Items of Note
– Volunteers can sign an Affidavit in place of the FBI Clearance if they have lived in Pennsylvania for 10 years. copy of the Affidavit.
– the Criminal and Child Abuse clearances are free for Volunteers, just click “Volunteer”
– For the Child Abuse site, you have to contact Julie Witmer at the district office by email (found below) and she will give you a free code. The code is unique to each person.
Submit all clearances to Paula Young in the Lewisburg School District district office located on the west side of Linntown Elementary school
570-522-3205 – email@example.com