Lewisburg Area School District Opportunities
- SUN ATI Camp – for middle school students. Spots for this camp fill up fast. Information typically is available in March. You may also contact SUN at 570-966-1031.
- PA CareerLink’s Camp STEAM – This is a two week (four days/week) opportunity for students entering grades 9-12 to explore careers, tour local businesses, hear from guest speakers, and earn money. Students who successfully complete the camp earn a $250 stipend. This is provided by a yearly grant and we will find out in the Spring if it will be provided Summer 2020.
Outside of District Opportunities
- Evangelical High School Internships – https://www.evanhospital.com/careers/student-opportunities
- Geisinger’s Junior Volunteer Program Summer Session – Information available in the Guidance Office, Career table or at http://www.geisinger.org/volunteers
- Camp Invention – K-6 Hands on science camp held at Linntown Elementary School each summer. Monday-Friday, approximately 8-2:30 each day (extended day available).
- CIT’s – Counselors in Training – grades 6-9
- Leadership Interns, grades 10-12 to help the instructors. More information can be found by contacting Linntown Elementary school at 570.523.3256 or online at campinvention.org
- Lycoming College for Kids and Teens (grades 2-12) offers its one-week workshopsat the historic, Williamsport campus. Our scientific, artistic and magical workshops are taught by dedicated and enthusiastic teachers, and are designed to enhance creativity and problem solving. Additional information can be found at http://collegeforkids.org/
- The Miller Center’s Summer of Fun – There are multiple camps for children from 2-14 years old. The summer camp allows children to choose which sports they want to play and have fun playing them. For more information go to https://millercenterlewisburg.com/summeroffun/
- Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive at Lehigh University – Open to sophomores and juniors interested in business, international relations or economic development. Information is available in the guidance office or at https://global.lehigh.edu/iacocca/highschool/apply
- University of Pittsburgh Health Career Scholars Academy
(A former Governor’s School) 412- 647-5362, E-mail: email@example.com, Information also available in the guidance office.
- Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive at Lehigh University http://global.lehigh.edu/iacocca-institute/high-school
- PA School of Excellence in the Agricultural Sciences at Penn State (formally titled PA Governor’s School for the Agricultural Sciences). Open to juniors with an interest in food, agricultural and natural resource sciences. Information is available in the guidance office and at agsci.psu.edu/school-for excellence.
- PA Governor’s School for the Sciences at Carnegie Mellon University – Must be a junior at the time of application and a PA resident. file:///C:/Users/zack_b/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/T5WEGL1A/PGSS%202019%20Promotional%20Flier.pdf (
- Bucknell Engineering Camp Program 1: Open to students who will have completed 7th, 8th or 9th grade. Program 2: Open to students who will have completed 10th or 11th grade. Information is available at http://www.bucknell.edu/EngineeringCamp
- Penn College- Summer Camp/Pre-College Programs – These camps provide students with a hands on experience that allows them to further explore career interests. See registration deadlines on their website. More information on these camps can be found at https://www.pct.edu/pre-college-programs.
- Camp Cadet – Susquehanna Valley Law Enforcement Camp Cadet (SVLECC) anyone 12-15 years of age who may be interested in learning more about law enforcement, teamwork, self-esteem, discipline, and much, much more. Information is available at https://www.svlecc.com/
- UPMC Susquehanna: VolunTEENS- For students at least 14 years old and in 8th grade who want to work as a team to serve others while learning about healthcare careers. Go to https://www.susquehannahealth.org/giving-back/volunteer/teens for more information about the program and how to apply.
- Bloomsburg Summer College Classes – These classes are offered to any of our high school students at a 75% discounted rate. These classes do not count for high school credit but do count for college credit. Information can be found at http://www.bloomu.edu/summer. Students should apply through the non-degree ACE program to receive the discounted rate.
- Pennsylvania Free Enterprise Week (PFEW)- Summer program at Lycoming College or Penn College. Provides incoming sophomores and juniors an opportunity to experience what it is like to develop and run a business. Go to https://www.pfew.org/index.php for more information.
- Kid’s College at Susquehanna University: For elementary and middle school students – https://www.susqu.edu/about-su/in-the-community/kids-college
- Susquehanna University Summer Camp/Pre-College Program – for high school students – https://www.susqu.edu/academics/summer-pre-college-programs
- Union County Students Abroad – (ages 14-17) UCSA is a community club made up of school students that reside in Union County. The group’s mission is to empower students to think and travel globally. Contact Dr. Zack.
- Wildlife Leadership Academy (ages 14-17) to engage and empower high school age youth to become Conservation Ambassadors to ensure a sustained wildlife, fisheries and natural resource legacy for future generations. Additional information can be found at http://wildlifeleadershipacademy.org/
Several job opportunities are sent to the high school guidance office. Although we do not post the jobs on this site, students may look at posted jobs on the whiteboard in the High School Guidance Office.